Business and Corporate Law
Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Jennifer N. Lewis is a partner with Farrow-Gillespie Heath Witter LLP. Her primary practice areas are estate planning, wealth preservation and transfer, probate, guardianships, corporate law, and taxation.
Ms. Lewis routinely advises clients regarding estate and incapacity planning; federal income, estate, and gift tax issues; probate, trust, and guardianship administrations; and the formation and operation of business entities and non-profit organizations. Ms. Lewis has substantial experience in administration of trusts and decedents’ estates. Ms. Lewis has served as lead counsel on complex probate cases. In addition to handling complex estates, Ms. Lewis provides cost effective estate planning and probate solutions to individuals and families.
Ms. Lewis serves as counsel to several families with complex legal entities and provides guidance regarding family limited partnerships, grantor retained annuity trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, and charitable trusts. Ms. Lewis loves engaging with her clients and gains personal satisfaction from providing the best possible legal solutions to meet her client’s needs.
Ms. Lewis has been named to the list of Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Stars” (a Thomson Reuters service), which represents the top 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40 in the State of Texas.
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Guardianship
- Business Formation and Transactions
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2008
- B.S., magna cum laude, Texas A&M University, 2005
Awards and Recognitions
- Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2016-2021
- Co-chair, Elderlaw Committee, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL), 2012-2016
- DAYL One to Watch, December 2015
- Internship, Hon. Jane J. Boyle, United States District Court
Publications and Presentations
- “Estate Planning Basics,” presented to various business entities, 2013-2018
- “Texas Probate Passport,” Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2014 Revisions
Professional and Community Affiliations
- REPTL Leadership Academy Class of 2018-2019
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Probate Section Member
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- DAYL Foundation, Life Fellow
- Advocates for Community Transformation (ACT), Volunteer
- Attorneys Serving the Community, Member
- Watermark Community Church, Member
- DAYL Leadership Program, 2012