Real Estate Acquisition
Real Estate Finance
Kevin Kerr has more than 35 years of experience representing clients in the areas of real estate acquisitions, real estate finance, leasing, collections, and condominiums’ and property owners’ associations.
Kevin is a 1981 graduate of the Bates College of Law at the University of Houston. After graduation, he moved to Dallas to work in the banking/real estate section of a Dallas firm. In 1983, he transferred to an international practice firm focusing on real estate acquisitions and finance. Kevin has served as general counsel for a real estate development and syndication company. His legal career then brought him back to private practice with another large firm in their banking section.
Kevin has an established reputation as an accomplished speaker and author. He has spoken at the State Bar of Texas Advanced Real Estate Law Courses and the Advanced Real Estate Drafting Courses, the University of Texas Law School’s Mortgage Lending Institute and the Leasing Institute.
- Real Estate Acquisition
- Real Estate Finance
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1981
- B.B.A., University of Texas, 1977
- Licensed in Texas
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Former Chair, Real Estate Forms Committee, State Bar of Texas
- President, Real Property Section of the Dallas Bar Association, 1996
- Moderator, Advanced Real Estate Law Course (State Bar of Texas), 1995
- Director, Advanced Real Estate Law Course (State Bar of Texas), 1994
- Former Member, Planning and Zoning Commission, City of Allen, Texas
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Allen Independent School District
- Past President, Rotary International [Allen Sunrise]