Representing companies and organizations from family-owned shops to the Fortune 1000 list, FGHW’s award-winning attorneys offer a full complement of business legal services. Our attorneys provide practical counsel is such areas as advertising, marketing, and promotions law; employment law; contracts and business transactions; business formation and governance; commercial real estate; trademarks and copyrights; mergers and acquisitions; and taxation. We also handle the formation and governance of nonprofit organizations. Our litigation and arbitration defense team routinely handle personal injury defense, products liability, employment, securities, cyber-liability, and other general commercial litigation matters.
For Families and Individuals
For individuals and families, FGHW provides legal services including estate planning, probate and probate litigation, adoption, elder law, and guardianships.
For Nonprofit Organizations
FGHW is experienced in forming nonprofit organizations and applying for tax-exempt 501(c) status. For nonprofits that are already established, FGHW provides board counsel, governance assistance, contracts, merger and acquisition counsel, and fundraising legal advice.
Experienced and Award-Winning
- Routinely named to awards lists, including . . .
- Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters service) (Scott Chase 2003-2021; Julie Heath 2012-2021; Liza Farrow-Gillespie 2013-2019; Mary L. O’Connor 2008-2013)
- Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Star” (a Thomson Reuters service) (Jennifer Lewis 2014-2021; Jessica Dunne 2020-2021)
- Best Lawyers in America (Best Lawyers) (Scott Chase 2001-2022; Mary O’Connor 2019-2022; Debra Witter 2019-2022; Julie Heath 2020-2022; Paula Beasley 2022)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Best Lawyers) (Jessica Dunne 2021-2022; Christopher Elam 2021-2022; Spencer Turner 2022)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas (D Magazine) (Scott Chase 2013-2021; Mary L. O’Connor 2017-2021; Chris Wilmoth 2018-2021; Amanda Brenner 2020; Julie Heath 2017-2019; Paula Beasley 2018, 2022; Liza Farrow-Gillespie 2013-2019)
- Best Lawyers under 40 (D Magazine) (Jessica Dunne 2021)
- Substantial previous employment experience at large Dallas and national law firms
- Winner of a “Top 10 Texas Verdict,” Texas Lawyer Magazine
- Board Certifications, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, in Health Law (Scott Chase); Personal Injury Trial Law (Henry Wehrmann); and Estate Planning & Probate (Jennifer Lewis)
- Former Probate Court Judge
- Routinely appointed in civil matters by state and federal judges
- Former federal judicial law clerks, interns, briefing attorney
- Former General Counsel with publicly traded companies
- Member, National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms
- Adjunct Professors at SMU Cox School of Business and SMU Dedman School of Law